Sass has been my go-to for years. But for a while now, I’ve wanted to try a new styling setup with PostCSS and the cssnext plugin. I love the idea of writing future CSS syntax today and using tooling more aligned with other tools I’m used to. This personal site is a perfect test bed to try this new setup.
Before getting to new syntax or other fun I needed to do some yak shaving. The project was using a file structure typical for Sass usage. I used the leading underscore naming convention for partials. And included the required scss extension. I used two directories to loosely organize Sass files. modules housed Sass that didn’t produce CSS. Things like variables, placeholder classes, and mixins. partials housed all CSS-producing Sass.